Great Decisions – gives you a voice in world affairs. Our Fort Bend series is concluded for 2017, but check back in the fall for the 2018 topics.
or go buy it at Brazos Bookstore in Houston http://www.brazosbookstore.com/
Join the Foreign Policy Process
Local Great Decisions groups meet to share ideas and opinions. All program participants are invited to register their views on the Great Decisions opinion ballot, which is presented to U.S. leaders and major media. Ballots are still available at the links below.
- The Future of Europe – Coping With Crisis
- Trade, Jobs and Politics
- Conflict in the South China Sea
- Saudi Arabia in Transition
- U.S. Foreign Policy and Petroleum
- Latin America’s Political Pendulum
- Prospects for Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Nuclear Security: The Enduring Challenge of Nuclear Weapons
- Continuity & Change in American Foreign Policy and BONUS Discussion: Civilization (the opening editorial letter)
See you in February 2018!
The group met for nine weekly discussion sessions on Tuesdays beginning Tuesday January 24, 2017 from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m at the Sugar Land Fort Bend Library (the First Colony Barnes & Noble Bookstore didn’t allow us back–we are SUCH a rowdy group). Many thanks to Enid Tovy who has organized this interesting group for 30+ years. No expertise, only interest (and preparation), is required. For more information contact: Enid Tovy or Bill Johnson.
Early each spring, AAUW offers Great Decisions to:
- Explore the Issues
The Great Decisions program highlights each of today’s most significant, far-reaching foreign policy issues. In compelling presentations, Great Decisions provides facts and nonpartisan analysis of the “great decisions” facing the U.S. public and policymakers.
- Learn about Foreign Policy
The Great Decisions program is a unique learning experience. You will acquire skills to assess global developments and policymakers’ decisions. You will help build the American democracy’s strong citizen base.
Great Decisions 2016 topics:
- Middle East
- The Rise of ISIS
- The Future of Kurdistan
- The Koreas
- The United Nations
- Climate Change
- Cuba and the U.S.
- Russia and the Near Abroad
- Privacy in the Digital Age
- Sectarianism in the Middle East
- India Changes Course
- U.S. Policy Toward Africa
- Syria’s Refugee Crisis
- Human Trafficking in the 21st Century
- Brazil’s Metamorphosis