The local scholarship program will not open in 2018 as the Branch will be supporting a local STEM project.
RECOGNITION DINNER 2017
May 7, at Tradicao Brazilian Steakhouse. We celebrated our 2017 Mary Frierson scholarship winner: Edris Mitchell— a young woman who has come a long way and who is going far. [pictures coming soon]
RECOGNITION DINNER 2016
May 12, at Sweetwater Country Club. We celebrated our 2016 Mary Frierson scholarship winner: Rachel Grinestaff— another young woman who is going far
RECOGNITION DINNER 2015
May 14, at Sweetwater Country Club. We recognized our 2015 Mary Frierson scholarship winner: Sonia Ketchum and her daughter— another young woman who is going far
RECOGNITION DINNER 2014
May 8, at Sweetwater Country Club. We met our 2014 Mary Frierson scholarship winner: Lerma Parker— another AMAZING young woman!
RECOGNITION DINNER 2013
May 2, at Sweetwater Country Club. We met our 2013 Mary Frierson scholarship winners: Barbara Herrera and Sara Mays—AMAZING people!
Previous Scholarship Recipients
|2017||Idris Mitchell||nursing student, WCJC|
|2016||Rachel Grinestaff||nursing student, WCJC|
|2015||Sonia Ketchum||student, WCJC|
|2014||Lerma Parker||student, WCJC – graduated 2016!|
|2013||Barbara Herrera||student, WCJC – graduated University of Houston 2017-YEA!!|
|2013||Sara Mays||nursing student, WCJC – Graduated 2014!|
|2012||Jeydi Mejia Flores||student, WCJC|
|2012||Liliana Yanez||student, WCJC|
|2010||Karen Sfara||student, WCJC|
Applications for 2017 AAUW Fort Bend Scholarship are now closed. Deadline for submission: March 1, 2017
SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS – AAUW’s mission is to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
This $1,000 scholarship is in memory of long-time branch member and Fort Bend County star Mary Frierson.
- be a United States citizen
- be a woman and resident of Fort Bend County
- be currently enrolled at Wharton County Junior College
- At the beginning of the current semester, had you completed at least 24 hours of college credit?
- have a GPA of 2.5 or above
- be pursuing either an associate or bachelor’s degree
- submit your Wharton transcript
STEPS TO APPLY
- Verify that you meet the criteria
- Complete the AAUW_scholarship_application at this link
- Submit application along with your WCJC transcript to the address on form.
Please send questions to jccenkus at aol dot com.